Advertisement. ADs

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Now, Lisa Ray turns author - Latest Bollywood News Gossips


Lisa Ray is ready to make her comeback. After being diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a form of cancer, in 2009, the actor went through various stages of treatment. Recently, she finished her stem cell treatment, going on to shoot for a TV show for four months around the country.

“That is actually longer than the time it takes to shoot for a film,” smiles the actor, before joking about how audiences will be able to watch the length of her hair grow with each episode of the TLC show Oh My Gold (OMG), which launches on July 11 and will be seen on the 9 pm slot.

She says, “I’m happy to be alive and ready to return to the screen. It’s a sort of celebration of my health. It’s beautiful and raw. I always wanted to do a travel show, because in this format the host is more than just a host. My personality comes forth.”

But what’s really kept her busy for the last few months has been her book. A few years ago, Ray announced the news of her illness and updates of her treatment to the world via her wordpress blog.

lisaAt that time, her articles proved to be a source of inspiration for various terminally ill patients. Inspired from that, she is now penning a book. “It’s going to be my memoir,” she says, insisting that it won’t be autobiographical in nature since she’s only 39 and has a lot to live. “I don’t want to make it sound like that. But yes, to an extent, the book is my journey in and out of cancer. My recent experiences opened certain doors for me.”

Days from announcing what her big Bollywood comeback film is going to be, Ray was also present at IIFA, which was being hosted by Toronto, Canada, the actor’s hometown. “It was a collision of two worlds, because Mumbai will always be home ground for me too,” says the actor, who acted in a play called Taj, with Kabir Bedi. “It was amazingly received. After all, that is an actor’s medium and it re-ignited my passion for acting.”