Advertisement. ADs

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Katrina Kaif: 'Kalki's like a flower child' - Bollywood News Gossips


Mumbai, July 14 -- Katrina Kaif is disturbed by rumours that her Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara co-star, Kalki Koechlin, is upset about being over-shadowed by her in the film and publicity drills. That's the reason, it's being said, that Anurag Kashyap's wife has pulled a disappearing act at recent promotional activities.

But Katrina insists that Kalki is a sweet girl and given how dynamically different she's from the rest of them, there's no reason for her to feel threatened. "Kalki's like a flower child," says Katrina. "She's happy for the world and would only be angry if someone tried to mess around with nature. She's not the kind of actor who'd want to be in every frame. These stories are unkind and unfair to a person as happy-go-lucky as her."

She's equally bemused by the buzz that she's doing a cameo in Zoya Akhtar's flick that's being promoted as a full-fledged lead role. "There's nothing wrong in doing special appearances and ensemble cast films like Raajneeti (2010) where I was the only girl among five male super actors. But Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is not one of them. At this stage in my career, why would I take on a film unless it was a role worth giving dates for?" she reasons.

While for many of her co-actors, the road trip through Spain was a trip of a lifetime, Katrina's been a traveller for most of her young life. "And every country I visited has defined me," she asserts.

So the film wasn't a life-changing experience, the way it is for her character Laila? "Well, I'm not 18 and wondering where my life is headed," she points out. "I started working quite young and so was always pretty focused. But yes, coming to Mumbai and becoming a part of the film industry here was an important journey. It gave me a chance to test my abilities and find fulfillment. I'm not saying no Hollywood or any other kind of cinema. So far nothing exciting or as big as Mission Impossible IV has come along. If anything does, I'm game. But Bollywood will always be the final destination."