Advertisement. ADs

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kareena Kapoor: 'I am the 100 crore heroine'

New Delhi, Sept. 9 -- Kareena Kapoor has registered a lot of 'firsts' in her name. The 30-year old has become the first actor to have delivered three blockbuster hits that have crossed the R100cr mark, she is the first actor to have worked with the three Khans of Bollywood one after the other -Salman in Bodyguard, Shah Rukh in Ra.One and Aamir in Reema Kagti's untitled film -and the first actor to have a digital character dubbed in her voice for a Playstation game.

"I am the 100 crore heroine -that's what I get to hear from everyone around me. It is only because I have three films, Bodyguard, 3 Idiots and Golmaal 3, that have crossed the 100 crore mark at the box office collection," she says with pride. "This is the first time any actor has earned such numbers. But I was prepared for this response, as I started my preparation ever since I was nine years of age, and would have done anything to get here," she adds.

So does that make her the number one heroine in Bollywood? "Please keep me at number 100, as I don't want to be part of this number game, but yes, I know I deserve what I have got, and I have really worked hard for it. Today, I am proud to say that I was competing with myself to up those numbers."

Now that her career is going great, is she preparing to marry beau Saif Ali Khan in February next year, as rumour has it? "No preparations are on. Both Saif and I are concentrating on Agent Vinod. We will let everyone know once things get finalised. Right now, Saif's father's health is our prime concern. We are planning to come to Delhi to see him soon," she says. Saif's father, Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, is suffering from a lung disease.