Advertisement. ADs

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kareena Kapoor: 'Blackpool is a Tussauds Museum too'

Mumbai, Sept. 10 -- Kareena Kapoor s getting ready to be waxed at the Madame Tussauds museum and wants to relish her moment. It upsets her that rumours are being spread by a jealous actor that her statue is a "gimmick" and "smaller" than Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan's that was unveiled at the Baker Street Museum in London while hers will open at Blackpool.

"How disgusting is that!" she rants. "Yes, it's going to be unveiled in Blackpool but that's a Madame Tussauds museum too. It will then go on six-city exhibition tour and that has never happened with any other celebrity statue before. It will tour cities like Berlin, Singapore and Hong Kong before ending in London. I want to focus on my special moment instead of what others are saying or doing."

The Jab We Met actor's statue will be unveiled in October and currently is in the process of being moulded. She says that she is bound by a contract and can't talk about the look. "I'm super excited," she smiles. "It still hasn't sunk in that I'm being immortalised in wax. Only when I see the statue, up close, will I know it's for real and it's not something I planned for."

There's a lot of speculation that we'll see her as the streetwalker from Chameli? "There are a lot of speculations but till October I can't speak about this. All I can say is that my fans are going to love the look."