Advertisement. ADs

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Michael Stagliano: Blindsided By Holly Durst Engagement on Bachelor Pad!

Talk about mixed emotions.

Minutes before triumphing on the Bachelor Pad season finale, Michael Stagliano learned ON TV that his ex-fiancee, Holly Durst, was now engaged to someone else.

In the audience.



Mike and Holly with their friend and former pimp. His name's Chris.

Yup, despite partnering with Michael on the show, Holly was involved with Blake Julian, who she dated (and apparently got engaged to) after filming ended.

That was news to Michael, who found out on the taping of the season finale. Fortunately, he and Holly won the votes of their peers and $125,000 a piece.

Not the worst silver lining in the world. Nevertheless ...

"I was caught off guard, humiliated," Michael told People, placing the blame on ABC, adding: "I know neither Holly nor Blake wanted it to go down like that."

Holly added: "I was really upset. Last night, I called to tell him, but they'd already taken his phone. I wasn't allowed to speak to him prior to going on stage."

"As soon as I sat down, I whispered that I needed to talk, but bomb was dropped immediately. He was blindsided. That was the lowest thing they could do."

Despite the hard feelings, Mike managed to keep it classy, both on Bachelor Pad and in its aftermath. Asked if he's happy for Holly and Blake, he said.

"We were engaged and therefore I will always care about and love her so it makes me happy when she is happy. I wish we could have been happy together but I know we're always going to care about and love each other."

"I have no reason to be mad at Holly or Blake. You can't help who you fall for. And now I have some money to go on a few first dates."

"If we had walked out hating each other, we wouldn't have gotten as many votes," Holly said. "He's the best guy and I can't wait for him to find the right girl."