Advertisement. ADs

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Veena Malik says she wants to go one step ahead of Vidya Balan - Latest Bollywood News

The controversial queen of Pakistan, Veena Malik, who has always been in the news for wrong reasons, is going to play a lead role in the Kannada remake of ‘The Dirty Picture’, which was released last year on December 10.

The original film, directed by Milan Luthria, featured Vidya Balan as the female lead but this time Ms Malik will play the role of Silk Smitha and she is fully geared up ahead of the film.

Balan was awarded with a Best Actress award for her magnificent performance in the film but Malik wants to overshadow Balan with the remake.

“I have not seen the `The Dirty Picture` in Hindi, though I have heard that Vidya Balan has delivered an awesome performance in the film. But I really want to go one step ahead in my performance in this film,” said Veena.

There are many noises in the air regarding the remake of ‘The Dirty Picture’ but Malik, who rose to fame during her stint in the ‘Bigg Boss 4’, believes it is unfair to compare the two films.

“Please don`t compare the Bollywood film with the Kannada film that I am doing now,” said Veena.
In the end, the actress insisted that she is looking forward to win everyone’s heart through this film.

She said, “My first Kannada film has a good package of entertainment and sentimental scenes. I`m sure I will entertain the audience with my performance and at the same time they would also feel sorry for the trials that my character undergoes in the film.”

“I will win the hearts of Kannadigas through this performance. I like the role,” she added.

Well, all said and done, Vidya Balan’s Dirty Picture took the box office by storm last year yet let’s see if Veena Malik can really overshadow Balan’s performance.