Advertisement. ADs

Friday, May 25, 2012

B-Town girls gone wild! [BT Report] - Bollywood HOT News


There seems to be a sudden spurt of bitchiness among B-Town's leading ladies these days. BT listens in

Gone are the days when actresses gave diplomatic answers to tough questions. Today's B-Town beauties are ready to fight for their space in the limelight, even if it means ruffling the feathers of fellow actresses. BT looks at what some leading ladies have been saying in the press (and what they actually mean). All you have to do is read in between the lines!

WHO: Kangana Ranaut WHERE: Bombay Times, April 12 OUCH QUOTE: "What's the criteria of being number one in the industry? Sometimes, a few people who are not worth it, claim to be number one in the industry, and you definitely don't want to be in their place." WHO IT WAS AIMED AT: Should Kareena Kapoor be upset? After all, she's always called herself Heroine No 1.

WHO: Bipasha Basu WHERE: Film Magazine, March OUCH QUOTE: "I am not here to be an (style) icon or a wax statue!" AIMED AT: Sonam Kapoor is often hailed as a style 'icon', and Kareena got 'waxed' last year. Has Bips killed two birds with one stone here?

WHO: Kareena Kapoor WHERE: Film Magazine, April OUCH QUOTE: "I love, love, love Aamir Khan. He's one actor I would love to work with again and again and again! He's the biggest and the best!" AIMED AT: Where does that leave beau Saif Ali Khan? Also, doesn't Bebo want to work with Salman and Shah Rukh Khan again?

WHO: Sonakshi Sinha WHERE: Film Magazine, April OUCH QUOTE: "I wouldn't endorse a fairness cream!" and "My tastes are simple. I'm not a slave to fashion." AIMED AT: Anushka Sharma is endorsing a fairness product, and we know she's no friend of Sona's thanks to the Ranveer Singh situation. As for the fashion dig, who else thinks Sonam's the reason behind it?

WHO: Sonam Kapoor WHERE: Twitter, March OUCH QUOTE: "Dear publicist, it's not necessary to tear someone down to prop someone up. Ms Wannabe Fashionista has enough cred to do it on her own." AIMED AT: The tweet was posted after Sonakshi gave a statement saying she would rather concentrate on acting than fashion. Catty!

WHO: Anushka Sharma WHERE: Film Magazine, January OUCH QUOTE: "Nowadays, when I speak to boys about fidelity, I think I'm speaking to aliens. They don't understand fidelity." AIMED AT: Ranveer's dosti with Sonakshi definitely didn't upset Anushka (not!).

WHO: Deepika Padukone WHERE: Film Magazine OUCH QUOTE: Kareena has definitely been around for 10 years, Katrina has been around for six to eight years and Priyanka's given the profession eight to 10 years. I definitely don't consider myself in the same league as them. AIMED AT: This can only mean, 'I've got age on my side, dahlings!'

WHO: Katrina Kaif WHERE: A tabloid OUCH QUOTE: I'm not interested in such things (Deepika's item song in Dum Maaro Dum). I haven't seen the film as I have been out of town shooting for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan in Agra. AIMED AT: Deepika. She is aware of the song, but refuses to comment on its popularity!

Courtesy: Times Of India