Advertisement. ADs

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Seal on Post-Divorce Media Tour: Peeps Need to Know

Seal is speaking out ... about speaking out about his divorce.

The reason he's been so forthcoming about his recent split with Heidi Klum, according to the singer, is to promote his upcoming tour because we deserve to know.

He's generous, that Seal.



"When you publicize your marriage as much as ours was, when you renew wedding vows, all those things ... you're painting a picture of an ideal relationship that people aspire to," he said on the Australian radio show Fifi and Jules.

"So, when it goes south, you can't all of a sudden take the philosophy of a monk and decide to go for a vow of silence," the singer continued.

"It doesn't really work like that. I certainly respect my wife's decision not to talk about that, but I felt that people at least deserved some kind of explanation why that picture of the ideal relationship wasn't what they thought it was."

Seal really went above and beyond full disclosure, though.

Taping Ellen, Piers Morgan Live and Tavis Smiley within a week of the breakup and not nixing any personal questions, he seemed to almost relish it.

Okay, that's a bit much, but while most stars clam up in these situations, he did the opposite. Then again, the shows were booked well in advance.

"It's not like this happened and I decided the next week to go on the [shows]," the 49-year-old Brit told Fifi and Jules. "It's a difficult time."

"The best that one can do in this situation is handle it with dignity and civility... I tried my very best to protect the general welfare of my family."

"My wife included. You would hope you can behave like adults and try and protect those who are most important in this, which are your family."

In his defense, too, he wasn't exactly talking smack.

The reverse, if anything. Seal said some lovely things about Klum. "I still wear my wedding ring, because I'm still married to this incredible woman" and "she is still, in my opinion, the most wonderful woman in the world."