Advertisement. ADs

Monday, August 29, 2011

I miss Anushka a lot: Ranveer

After months of speculation about a relationship and now that inevitable break-up, Ranveer Singh sets the record straight. The man has nothing but nice things to say about Anushka Sharma.

"I miss her a lot. Anushka is the kind of girl you'll always miss, especially if she's been a part of your life and then suddenly isn't. You feel a void...," he said in an interview to a daily.

And why does Ranveer miss Anushka so much?

"We have drifted because we don't get to see each other as much as we used to. I think circumstances drove us apart. We worked together continuously for a year in Band Bajaa Baraat and saw each other everyday. Over a period of time we made common friends and hung out together going for dinners and movies. Now that our work is over, Anushka has forged her own path and signed on lots of movies. Now we don't meet each other at all," said Ranveer.

Ranveer admits to have developed strong feelings towards his Band Bajaa Baarat co-star.
 "I was very attracted to her. I don't know if I've ever been in love. I don't know what love means. I have felt strong and deep emotions for people who are not related to me by blood. I don't know if that's love but yes, I've felt attraction and affection for Anushka."

Having said ALL that, he still insists that the two were never in a relationship.

"We are two young, attractive people. When people saw us going out and sharing wonderful chemistry, they speculated. The truth is, Anushka is a very good friend. We have drifted apart now unfortunately."

Recently, tabloids reported that after Ranveer and Anushka 'split', he found solace in the arms of Dabbang actor Sonakshi Sinha.

"I do find Sonakshi very attractive, but we are not dating. I have met her many times and we share a healthy friendship. Right now I am single. I wouldn't mind if love comes along, but for the moment it's work over love," he said.

But when he was asked to choose, he still stuck with his former co-star.
 "Anushka! I am much closer to her. We became very close over a period of time. I could talk to her about everything, because she went through the same process I was going through as a newcomer. We connected at that level."

Finally, for those taking notes, here's the 26-year-old actor about his ideal woman...
 "I have a few criteria I want in a girlfriend... good diction, personal hygiene and aesthetics. Her dressing sense and grooming should be nice and she should have radiant skin.