Advertisement. ADs

Monday, May 16, 2011

Katrina to turn biker! - Latest Bollywood News Gossips


Mumbai, May 17 -- Katrina Kaif is ready to join Bollywood's biker club. The actor is not only buying a motorcycle in the coming months, but also plans to ride it around the city. According to her, it was her character, Laila, in Zoya Akhtar's Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara that inspired the idea.

The actor began learning to ride light bikes in Mumbai before graduating to the Royal Enfield for the actual dirt biking shoot in Spain. "A lighter bike is good to learn balancing in the initial days. After familiarising myself with the vehicle here, I moved on to heavier bikes, which were required for my part," says Katrina, recalling her training days.

But the bike she will buy may not necessarily be a heavy-duty one. "Though I did get comfortable riding a Royal Enfield for the film, I'm looking to buy a medium-weight bike for the in-city travel. I've yet to decide," she says, adding that her choice has been made keeping Mumbai's roads and traffic in mind.

Though Katrina admits she didn't like wearing a helmet in Barcelona, as the roads are wider and comparatively traffic-free, she will adhere to the rules in Mumbai. "I like to feel the wind on my face," she enthuses, before quickly adding that she'll surely wear a helmet when riding around the city. "Firstly, because it's a rule for our own safety; and secondly, because a helmet will be a good disguise."