Advertisement. ADs

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sunny Leone, Poonam Pandey...there's always space for new people, feels Minissha

Minissha Lamba is in a serene state of mind right now. Just back from a vacation in Goa, the lady is busy reading books and watching movies. When I texted her for an interview, she replied almost immediately asking me to forward the questions with a smiley.

"Back to the grind.. Goa is over.. Sadly so.. welcomed back to the sound of drilling in my society.. How pleasant!" Minissha had tweeted.

The actor's Well Done Abba won a National award and Bheja Fry 2 couldn't exactly set the box-office on fire. Her Hum Tum Shabana could not mint the moolah but was able to stir up a couple of controversies (Director Sagar Ballary accused critics of unfair reviews). Coming up next is Joker and Zilla Ghaziabad. So what does the gorgeous lady like to do, when not shooting?

"When not acting, it's a lot of reading that I'm doing. Watching movies that I've missed and working out hard," says the actress.

The Yahaan girl is certainly having the time of her life as she's just returned from a vacation to Goa. "Goa is always beautiful. Wanted to soak in the last days of it before it becomes off season," the actor told me.

At this point, I thought it was just the right time to pose a rather personal question to her - Is there really someone special in her life, as reported by media?

"I'm always surrounded by special people," she adds naughtily. I could sense she's neither completely denying the news nor she wants to share the details of her love life right now. We'll wait for the apt time, I guess!

Steering the conversation back to her career, I ask her how it was working in Joker with 3D technology, which is relatively new to Bollywood.

"We're one of the fortunate film industries that have started shooting in 3D technology. Even ahead of some European nations. It feels great. We speak of advancement and making films on standard that's international. Slowly but surely, we are getting there," Minissha said.

There's another thing that's rather surprising about the lady. She's in news only when her films are about to hit theatres, something which does not work in the favour of actors these days. What does she have to say about this?

"I have always maintained that I should be known for my work. I'm secure with who I am and don't need the support of sensational headlines to feel like people know me. Films are forever. That's where my pride in my work comes from." Point taken! But Bollywood is a competitive space. With a flurry of bold actresses like Sunny Leone, Poonam Pandey and Paoli Dam jumping onto the Bollywood bandwagon, we wonder what her thoughts are on the changing face of Bollywood.

"We make so many films in a year. There is always space for new people..new ideas. I'm loving the flexibility," says Minissha.

I think I'm loving that reply too. On this note, we wrap up the interview.