Advertisement. ADs

Monday, December 17, 2012

Salman Khan to move out of Galaxy Apartments, feels uncomfortable

By Hindustan Times


Almost every Bollywood actor who makes a name for himself lives in a plush bungalow or at least a swanky apartment in Mumbai. All this while, superstar Salman Khan has been an exception to this rule. Salman has always lived with his family in his childhood home at Galaxy Apartments on Bandstand, Bandra. And were it not for the fans always waiting outside to catch a glimpse of the star, the modest Galaxy does not even come across as a Bollywood actor's residence.

But now, all that is set to change as the 46-year-old actor is set to move out of Galaxy in a year's time. "I have stayed here for as long as I could. Now I may stay here only for another year. We have a property, which we are constructing; that's where I will move," says Salman, without mentioning any details of his future address.

Presently, Salman stays on the ground floor of the apartment building, while his father, writer Salim Khan, and mother Salma stay on the first floor.

The Dabangg (2010) actor, however, is deeply attached to the house he has grown up in. He says, "I have not been able to move out of this house. I have been living here since childhood, and I'm used to everything about it. But it's about time I get out of my current residence. It's getting increasingly uncomfortable here, with no place for my shoes and clothes."

The actor is presently promoting his upcoming film, Dabangg 2, co-starring Sonakshi Sinha, and directed by his brother, actor-producer Arbaaz Khan. The film will release on December 21.