Advertisement. ADs

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dhobi Ghat actor set to join Tabu in David

She made an impressive acting debut opposite Aamir Khan in Dhobi Ghat (2011) and a year later, musician-actor Monica Dogra has signed another project, Bejoy Nambiar’s upcoming film, David. Part of the electro-rock band Shaa’ir and Func, Monica promises the role is “unlike anything” people expect her to do.

“Actually, Bejoy had watched Dhobi Ghat and he thought I fit the bill in his film too. The moment I heard the script, I was in. So when I was finalised a week after my audition, I was really happy,” says Monica, who had also loved Bejoy’s maiden project, Shaitan.

“We will start shooting the film in July,” she says. “I am paired with Neil Nitin Mukesh.” The film also stars Vikram, Vinay Virmani, Tabu and Isha Sharvani.

Ask Monica if she is only looking at ‘non-commercial’ films and she says: “I have nothing against commercial cinema. But I want to do only those films that inspire me. And I don’t really mind waiting for right projects, since I am in no hurry. David is one of the scripts that have really excited me.”

David will be made simultaneously in Tamil under the same title, with Jiiva playing Virmani’s role. The film’s Tamil version is likely to get dubbed in Telugu too.