Advertisement. ADs

Monday, May 23, 2011

'Salman is above all this' - Latest Bollywood News Gossips


Mumbai, May 24 -- Actor Asin Thottumkal made her Bollywood debut with AR Murugadoss' Ghajini opposite Aamir Khan in 2008. A year later, she worked with Salman Khan in Vipul Shah's London Dreams. Now, she's not only looking forward to her second film with Salman - Anees Bazmee's Ready - but has also been reportedly cast opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Vishal Bhardwaj cinematic interpretation of Chetan Bhagat's book, 2 States.

She may be excited about working with the three Khans in consecutive films, but rumour had it that her decision to work with Shah Rukh strained her relationship with Salman. "There is no tiff between Salman and I, and neither am I aware of any rivalry between him and Shah Rukh. I don't think he (Salman) will have issues with me working with any actor, even if it's Shah Rukh. Salman's been in the industry for so long, he is above all this. This media sensationalism doesn't matter to him or me," says the actor.

Talking about bagging roles opposite the Khan trio in such a brief career span in Bollywood, she says, "I have already worked with two of them so early in my career, I hope I get an exciting project with Shah Rukh to complete the dream... it is a dream for any actress!"

Though she refuses to confirm her role in Vishal's film, the actor does admit to being a huge fan of Shah Rukh: "He is really charming and I admire his persona on and off screen. I was love-struck by him in school," she confesses.

However, he's not the only actor who leaves her awestruck. During the making of Ready, Asin was constantly overwhelmed by Salman's kind nature. "He extends so much help to new talent. I've seen youngsters come to him for advice with their portfolios almost every day. He takes them under his wing if he believes in their talent," says Asin, adding, "He is chilled out and not insecure despite all the hype and euphoria surrounding him. I love his straight-faced humour."

But it is her first Bollywood co-star, Aamir Khan, who Asin defends. Contrary to popular perception, she insists that he doesn't meddle with the director's responsibilities. "Aamir would give inputs, have discussions, but finally he would go by Murugadoss's word," says Asin of her Ghajini co-star. The actor leaves for a 45-day schedule to London for Sajid Khan's Housefull 2, alongside Akshay Kumar, after the release of Ready on June 3.