Advertisement. ADs

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Zooey Deschanel Nail Art, Beauty Interview, Bella Beauty Beat - Latest Hollywood News Gossips - Interview

Zooey Deschanel Nail Art, Beauty Interview, Bella Beauty Beat



Zooey Deschanel is no stranger to nail art, and at the Critics' Choice Television Awards, the actress showed off a 3D nail art manicure, along with her trophy for best actress in a comedy. Zooey shared the inspiration for the look with us, and it's just as cute and surprising as you'd expect.

it genuinely does feel like life or death. I just think that he's such an unbelievable actor.

Is it a little bittersweet playing Gwen Stacy, knowing that ultimately Mary Jane is going to come into Peter Parker's life? No, well, yeah. I mean Gwen Stacy's whole story is pretty tragic. So that's tough. But I love Mary Jane so much as a fan, I mean I love that character, so if I could play both I would love to.

Well, we can put in the request.

Put in a request.

We'll dye your hair.

Yeah.

No one will be able to tell the difference. It'll be perfect. So Bryce Dallas Howard also played a version of Gwen Stacy, like much smaller. Did you guys talk about that at all?

We did, yeah. I was on set of The Help when I was cast, so she came to my trailer two minutes after I was cast, and We talked about it and laughed about and I got her blessing. So I was very grateful. She's pretty amazing. It's a really different version of Gwen. But yeah, we did talk about it which is pretty crazy.

So one of the things I love most about this movie is that you and Andrew seem to really capture the kind of awkward highs and lows of being in a teenage romance so did you draw on your own experiences for that at all?

A bit, yeah, I drew on remembering what it was like to fall in love for the first time and never have had your heart broken before and it genuinely does feel like life or death, which is kind of strange, because the parallels here of course are actual life and death.

Right.


But I think it was one of the reasons I was drawn to the role and to the project was that feeling of first love again.

And what do you think it is about Andrew that makes him the perfect Spider-Man?

I just think that he's such an unbelievable actor actor. He's someone that prepares so much at home that you could ask him literally anything. Like, what are you gonna to do next week as Peter? Or what did you have for your first day of high-school breakfast and he would be able to answer you as Peter.

I mean he's so prepared that he's able to be completely free in the moment with you as an actor, so he was just incredibly inspiring to work with someone like that.

One thing I really liked about this movie is that Gwen Stacy has really cool clothes. Did you have any input in that at all?

I did, yeah! Kim Berry was our costume designer and she's incredible and a lot of it was based off of the drawing sequence you see in the comic books. So you could see like over the knee socks, it was very comic booky a lot of the time. Which was great, she found a way to kind of combine that cartoonish element with real life.

Now, what's so many superhero movies coming out this summer, what so you think is really what makes Spider-Man stand apart from the others?

Well I think Spider-Man himself stands apart from other superheroes in the fact that he's incredibly human, and he's a teenage boy, and he's someone that's bullied and goes through very common teenage experiences. So he's someone to admire and to look up to. And it's the ultimate symbol of wish fulfillment and getting to defend yourself, even when you feel that you can't.

So, that's what's always separated Spider-Man from other superheroes and hopefully it will continue to do that for many years to come.