Advertisement. ADs

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Britney Spears Talks Femme Fatale, Kids, Music, Life With Rolling Stone - Hollywood News Gossips

"Hold It Against Me" is a #1 hit. "Till the World Ends" is not far behind. Two additional tracks, "I Wanna Go" and "Inside Out", leaked just last week.

Both have drawn waves. The pop princess is back, baby.

Britney Spears opens up to Rolling Stone in a fun new Q&A session. She talks a lot about her new album, Femme Fatale, as well as her home life.

Some excerpts from her interview below ...


On the kids' take on FF: "They definitely dance to it but they are still confused .... It’s like, 'who is this Britney Spears singer in contrast to mommy?'"

On her involvement in the process: "I have always been heavily involved in every album I have ever made. I'm very stubborn when it comes to recording and will only record songs I love, which is why it takes me a long time to make an album."

"I have to feel connected before I record and the song has to spark something inside me. Very few songs do that. I guess it's a good process because I love all my music. I know there are a lot of artists that hate songs they recorded."

On the sound of Femme Fatale: "I wanted to make a fresh-sounding album for the clubs or something that you play in your car when you're going out at night that gets you excited but I wanted it to sound different from everything else out right now."

"I also wanted to experiment with all the different types of music I love which is why you hear a mixture of pop, hip-hop and dance throughout."

On what she listens to at home: "I love the Peas but I also love Deadmau5. I guess I’m all over the place. Lately I have been listening to Robyn and Adele non-stop but I also love to find new artists that very few people know about."

On working with will.i.am: "The Peas make incredibly catchy, fun pop/dance records and I LOVE will.i.am's style. I have always wanted to do a song with him and would love to work with him more in the future. He is so interesting."

On working with Dr. Luke: "We have known each other for a long time. Most people don't know this but we worked together when I was recording Blackout. He was incredible back then and he has only gotten better over the years."