Advertisement. ADs

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sonakshi Sinha may star in family drama


By Hindustan Times


Filmmaker Umesh Shukla, director of OMG - Oh My God!, has been approached to helm a family drama with actor Sonakshi Sinha in the lead.

“Talks are on, but nothing is official right now. I have not signed it yet. I am developing a script right now and I am looking forward to it,” says
Shukla. Shukla says he has been approached by the Sinha family’s banner for the movie. Sonakshi Sinha is the daughter of veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha and Poonam Sinha. “Sonakhi did an item number for my film, OMG - Oh My God!, and we are very good friends. I share a very good relationship with her family. Sonakshi will play the lead in my film for sure,” says Shukla.

Shukla says the project will be “a family drama and issue-based”. “They approached me to make a film for them and they are looking for some good content. It will be a light-hearted project,” he says.

But considering that Sonakshi’s brother Luv is also an actor, roping in the entire Sinha family is not on Shukla’s mind. “I will not do that (rope in all family members). It all depends on the script. Just to get the family together, I will not cast them. It should justify the role. So, let’s see how things fall in place,” says Shukla.