Advertisement. ADs

Monday, April 16, 2012

New mom Lara Dutta sizzles in an LBD!

Actor Lara Dutta Bhupathi, who was recently in the Capital to receive the Young Women Achiever Awards 2012, stunned all by turning up in a chic little black dress (LBD).

The 34-year-old, who turned mommy in January this year and seemed to have lost kilos in just two months post pregnancy, said it's her hubby, tennis ace Mahesh Bhupathi, who has given her the confidence to make public appearances in such a short period, after motherhood.

"I give all the credit to my husband for giving me the confidence to walk out in public just two months after delivering my daughter Saira," said the actor, adding that it was Mahesh, who like a doting husband came to drop her at the award ceremony too. "He (Mahesh) came to drop me but he sneaked away to play tennis once he saw so many pretty ladies," she said.

The actor, who was honoured for her contribution to cinema, was also quite excited about getting the award. "The last one and a half year has been the most exciting phase of my life - both personally and professionally. From getting married last February, to turning producer with

Chalo Dilli and of course, becoming mother - the phase has been great. Looking forward, I promise that I will continue to do good work and produce great films," said the actor.