Advertisement. ADs

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Aamir Khan gets emotional at Satyamev Jayate launch!

Aamir Khan got emotional while talking about his TV debut, Satyamev Jayate, at its recent launch Actor-producer Aamir Khan, who will soon debut on TV with his show, Satyamev Jayate, shed tears at its launch in Mumbai recently. Talking about his show, the 47-year-old said, "I'm a very emotional person and often broke down when I heard people's stories."

The show that will go on air on Star Plus on May 6, will also be broadcast on DD1 simultaneously. "This is for the first time in the Indian history that a show will also be showcased simultaneously on national television channel DD1. Besides, the show will be dubbed in four southern languages - Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada," said Aamir, who launched the show's promo song.

"Earlier, we were planning to compose a national song or like an anthem. Later, I realised, why am I doing this show?

I have love in my heart for my country, like each Indian who love their country. Then we went with a love song that reflects the love for my country and relate with each Indian," he added. Composed by Ram Sampath and written by Prasoon Joshi, the song is sung by Keerthi Sagathia.

Aamir's show has got the famous Ramayana and Mahabharta slot - Sunday 11 am. "I wanted to telecast my show on Sunday morning. I want each family to watch the show and connect with it," he said, adding: "I'm not attempting to change anybody's life with the show. I am an entertainer, my attempt is to connect with the people. But entertainment can be of any form, it need not be making people laugh everytime."