Advertisement. ADs

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Minissha gets in shape for Cannes! - Latest Bollywood News Gossips


Bollywood divas are going all out to put their best foot forward at the French Riviera. Minissha Lamba, gearing up for her maiden outing at Cannes film festival, too is leaving no stone unturned by going in for a special workout regime and diet plan.

“Since Cannes film festival is the ultimate destination for style and fashion, I am putting in my best effort to look radiant on the red carpet. I’m spending more time at the gym, besides having changed my diet intake,” says Minissha.

The Bachna Ae Haseeno actor is eating only boiled vegetables, besides being on a high protein diet. Only once in a day, she eats a proper meal, which includes boiled chicken and juice. Similarly, her workout regimen has also become regular with a special emphasis on heavy cardio. Ask her if she isn’t already fit enough for the red carpet and she laughs: “No girl will ever be satisfied with her weight and looks.” For the uninitiated, Minissha has been invited to walk the red carpet on the festival’s opening night on May 11, for the premier of director Woody Allen’s much-hyped film, Midnight in Paris. And Minissha is, of course, ecstatic.

“I don’t know if I will be able to talk to Mr Allen at the premiere, but I plan to catch him at the after-party. I am a big fan of his films like Annie Hall and Match Point. It’s exciting that I will be meeting my one of the favourite directors at the fest,” she says. Also, Indian babes like Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan, Mallika Sherawat, Sonam Kapoor and Freida Pinto will be hitting the red carpet. “It is, of course, very exciting for me. But I am not competing with anyone. It’s going to be a lot of fun on the red carpet. And it feels nice that other Indians actors will also be making their presence felt at Cannes,” she says.

minisshaLike other stars, Minissha too plans to “watch a lot of movies” at the festival. “And trust me, I am not going to do networking at the French Riviera. But it will be really exciting if I can take my film to Cannes some day. It will feel really nice,” she says, adding that she hasn’t decided on her dress for the night just yet.“I will take the final call very soon on what to wear for the premiere. I have a few options, but I am not going to reveal anything yet,” smiles Minissha.

See you there

Madhur Bhandarkar is also heading to Cannes Film Festival. After delivering a hit with Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji, the filmmaker will be at the French Riviera for Shekhar Kapur and Ronnie Screwala’s docu-film — Bollywood, The Greatest Love Story Ever Told. Delhi 6 director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has directed it. “I will be leaving on either ninth or tenth. I plan to watch four-five films at the festival,” says Bhandarkar. It will be Bhandarkar’s maiden visit to the much-revered film festival.