Advertisement. ADs

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jacob Lusk on American Idol Elimination: My Bad... - Latest Hollywood News Gossips

I messed up.

So Jacob Lusk says about his final performance on American Idol, a rendition of "No Air" that got the soulful singer eliminated from season 10 this week.

"I take full responsibility for my choices," Lusk tells TV Guide in an elimination interview, opening up about his experience on the show and the cover that resulted in him going home.


A few more excerpts are below...

On feeling the pressure: I was getting a little tired, probably. And really trying to do different things, do something that really wasn't my thing. This wasn't the time to do that. I didn't really have the greatest performance on Wednesday, and that's why I was sent home.

On conflicting advice: I definitely got some contradictory advice, but at the end of the day, it's up to me to be myself. When you're great, you're great. And nobody can argue with that.

On post-Idol plans: My primary focus is doing an album. I'd like to look into some theater, Broadway. You're gonna hear some traditional R&B, which I feel is missing from the scene. There aren't any Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass, Marvin Gaye singers out there. There's a lot of pop, bubble-gum, but not a lot of R&B. And that's what I bring naturally. I don't have to try to do that.