Advertisement. ADs

Friday, April 29, 2011

Bhatts to sue Pakistani actress Meera - Bollywood News Gossips

Pakistani actress Meera, who had earlier accused Mahesh Bhatt of slapping her, claimed the filmmaker to be her guru as well as boyfriend. Bhatt's wife Soni Razdan has decided to file a defamation suit underlining charges of character assassination against the actress.

Meera called Bhatt her boyfriend in the presence of Emraan Hashmi, Shagufta Rafique and Sevy Ali, reported Mumbai Mirror.

Soni confirmed the reports. "Yes, I am meeting my lawyers to file a legal suit against Meera. This is not the first time Meera has tried to malign my husband. A few years ago, she had made bizarre allegations against him in an Urdu daily in Pakistan. I am very angry. You can't say anything about anybody. Look at the work Mahesh is doing now. It goes far beyond the Meeras and slushy gossip. She needs to behave responsibly, and since she is not doing that, she needs to be taught a lesson," she informed the tabloid.

Bhatt had launched Meera in Nazar in 2005. "She is dangerous. She needs medication. It is like déjà vu for me. And I speak in the context of the unfortunate illness of Parveen Babi," he told the tabloid.

Bhatt is not afraid of fame crazy starlets. "I am not a holy man or a politician who is worried to protect his reputation. My life is an open book. No Meeras, in fact, nobody can cast aspersions on me. Actually, Meera is a patient. She has an unsound mind. Slander comes from a disturbed mind, doesn't it," he added.

Meera was shocked to learn about Bhatt's legal action. "Why are they doing this to me? How can Mahesh be my boyfriend? I'm only 26. Please tell them not to file a suit. Usse kya hoga," the Pakistani actress told the tabloid.