Advertisement. ADs

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Vijender's ticket to Bollywood! - Latest News Gossips


Mumbai, Mar. 5 -- After taking the boxing world by storm, Olympic medalist Vijender Singh is set to make his acting debut with Lovely Singh's romantic film opposite Govinda's daughter, Narmada.

Cautious about discussing the project, Singh says, "You will soon get to hear about my films." When asked if he'd like to make his acting debut opposite newbie Narmada, he says, "I'm not obsessed with making my debut opposite an established actress. Har koi kabhi na kabhi shuruaat karta hai (Everyone starts off at some point). She has the right personality and looks to be a hit actress," he says.

In fact, Vijender is close to Govinda's family. "Govindaji is down-to-earth, despite being a star," says Singh. Narmada too, has not confirmed her debut opposite Singh, however, she admitted in an interview: "I think he (Singh) is cute." Vijender is already quite popular with Bollywood beauties especially Bipasha Basu. "I am friends with Priyanka Chopra too," he laughs. "But I am not in regular touch with them. We meet each other at parties in Mumbai," he says, adding they don't discuss his film career. "Main friendship aur profession ko mix nahin karta (I don't mix friendship and profession)," says Singh, who is busy preparing for London Olympics 2012 and World Boxing Championships.

"I can never ignore my first love, boxing, for anything in the world including films," he adds. About featuring on several TV shows, endorsing products and recently attending Imran Khan and Avantika Malik's wedding reception, Singh says, "I will always be a boxer. If I can handle acting and modelling too, I've no problem," he says.

For some time now, he has reportedly been training in martial arts, horseriding and dancing to ensure a hit debut. Last year, reports suggested his launch vehicle would be Patiala Express. Singh had stated that either Basu or Chopra would star in it. But then he got busy with the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games. "In the meantime, Priyanka and Bipasha signed other films. Now they have no free dates," says a source, adding that the project featuring Narmada is likely to be the same film.