Advertisement. ADs

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Udita Goswami eyes Hollywood! - Bollywood Latest News Gossips


Hollywood has always lured our Bollywood stars and the latest actor to join the bandwagon is Udita Goswami. The actor, who debuted with Pooja Bhatt’s Paap in 2003, recently spent few months in Los Angeles to get things in place for her to find work in Hollywood.

The 27-year-old claims to have met many Hollywood biggies, including Danny Boyle, Natalie Portman and Gillian Jacobs, while attending the Oscars gala and the Art of Elysium charity benefit.

Talking about her experience, Udita says excitedly, “My trip was fantastic. I got a great insight into how things work there. In Hollywood, people don’t go by whose friend or relative you are...it’s all about talent, unlike in Bollywood. I wanted to familiarise myself with Hollywood culture to build a strong foundation.”

She further adds, “I have hired an international mana-ger Simone Sheffield and had exclusive meetings with Hollywood executives. I have even looked for an apartment and a lawyer there. So my core team is all set. I still have to choose the agency which will manage me there.”

So what kind of roles is she looking for? She says, “I don’t look Indian so I don’t want to do Indian roles in Hollywood. I want to do exotic roles. I think Vidya Balan or Konkona Sen Sharma have more traditional Indian faces. But I have to work on my American accent. I am here till August to work on it and then I go back as the casting season begins there.”

Udita is currently shooting the last leg of her Bollywood film, Diary of a Butterfly.

Other starlets trying their luck in Hollywood...

Koena Mitra
Bitten by the Hollywood bug, Koena too has signed an international manager. As per reports, she will star in a Hollywood film, titled Karna. Last year, Koena attended Teen Choice Awards 2010 in LA, rubbing shoulders with Hollywood beauties like Megan Fox.

Tina Desai
Desai made her Bollywood debut with Yeh Faasley, early this month. She has landed a key role in a Hollywood film - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - opposite Slumdog Millionaire actor Dev Patel. The film also stars Hollywo-od legends Julie Christie and Dame Judi Dench.

Russhita Singh
After working in Bollywood movies like Nanhe Jaisalmer: A Dream Come True, Halla Bol and Vaada Raha... I Promise, Russhita made her Hollywood debut with Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts. “I’d like to work like Aishwarya Rai and be a global Indian like her,” says Singh.