Advertisement. ADs

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Priyanka and Shahid are very good couple – Karan Johar

Priyanka and Shahid are very good couple – I mean on screen” – Karan Johar

Koffee with Karan

A brief rendezvous with Karan on the sets – Koffee with Karan- season-3

‘Karan Johar rubbishes the rumors of approaching Priyanka and Shahid Kapoor. Also is in no mood to solve Shahrukh Khan and Salman’s differences. But he wouldn’t mind sorting out differences with Ram Gopal Varma on his show. He feels[ on a lighter note] Stars may refuse to be on Shekhar Suman‘s show. However Karan would love to have Rekha on his show.’

Koffee with Karan- season-3 is already making a buzz in the tinsel town. Karan Johar shares a friendly rapport with all the stars and hence he deservedly possesses the monopoly of asking weird questions to them on his show.” I would like to put it this way,’ I do ask them some typical questions on my show ‘CWK” but I always keep in mind not to ask them very personal questions. I go to the extent of even informing them few statements which they may have spoken in a flow, whether they are fine with it. If they do not want those statements I edit it. What I am trying to explain you that,” I am here to keep the show going but not at the cost of spoiling my relationship with them.”

Fine then we quiz what is your take on relationship?” Relationship can be maintained only if you invest on them. The more you invest on them the more you give to the relationship.”

Karan Johar feels that he still has to tap many bollywood stars to appear on the show. For International actors he adds jokingly,” if they come to India I shall catch them at the Airport itself.”

On a serious note he gushes,” Actually Richard Gere was here during the second season. I approached him and he agreed to do the show.”
Will he like to bring Shahrukh Khan and Salman together on his show and solve their differences we quiz?” I have enough of problems to solve for my self. I don’t mind having them on my show separately.” He adds.

Karan does not mind solving his differences with Ramu with him on CWK.” Ya! If Ramu appreciates that I will surely love to have him on my show. “Adding further about his most choice of star to be on the show – he says,” I would love to have Rekha on my show some day. Also, having Ajay Devgan will be interesting.”He adds.

Surprisingly when quizzed which was his best show? Karan unhesitatingly confirms,” The Kapoor family on my show were the best. They kept talking amongst them selves. The Kapoor family has a special connect with our country. They are fun loving and we enjoyed the show.”

Picking a dig at one of the hosts of different shows where stars would not like to attend sheepishly Karan says,” I think it would be Shekhar Suman’s show.”

Karan is very much aware of the power that Star world channel has.” Yes! Our show is on an English channel. The novelty of the channel surpasses all the other channels. Also, merely because it has a power of its own. I am not much bothered about the TRP’s.”

Ask him if the stars and he too believe in having a double standard in life? Sternly he answers,” We all believe in having double standard. Isn’t it?
Finally, rubbishing media reports of having approached Shahid and Priyanka Chopra he assures,” I do not know where from the media started circulating this news. We have not approached anyone of them. So the question of refusing to be on my show does not arise.”

Will he like to approach them? Yeah! Why not? They are a very good couple. I mean on screen. It would be fun to have them on my show CWK.” He quips clearing the air.