Advertisement. ADs

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Salman Khan`s family planning


Salman is always looking out for his family members. After starring in his brother Arbaaz Khan’s production Dabang, Salman will next be working on brother-in-law Atul Agnihotri’s Hindi version of the Malayalam super hit Bodyguard.

The buzz in the trade is that Boney had bought the rights of Bodyguard and wanted Prabhudebva (who directed the runaway hit Wanted not too long ago) to direct the Hindi version, but Salman asked him to hand over the rights to Atul Agnihotri. Siddique, who had directed the original in Malayalam, will also direct the Hindi version.

A source revealed, “Boney did not hesitate to give up remaking Bodyguard. He loves Salman too much and considers the actor’s wish as his command.”

Boney admitted that he initially wanted to remake Bodyguard in Hindi but he is not upset. He said, “It’s fine if Atul will make it with Siddique. Salman was keen that Atul should make it and I have no issues whatsoever. I have not done anything great. I was simply on the verge of buying the rights of Bodyguard. Salman is family to me. I love fulfilling all his wishes and will always continue to do so.”

Atul confirmed that he is making the Hindi version of Bodyguard with Salman. “I am quickly going to finalise the heroine and most of the things will be in place by end of next week. However, I am not aware that Boney too was interested in making the same film. Salman is very happy that I am producing it. Siddique will direct the film,” said Atul.